Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Accountmeans a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company(referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to “MY ECO STORY (OPC) PRIVATE LIMITED” or “The Eco Story”, Indirapuram, India.
- Cookiesare small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Countryrefers to: India
- Devicemeans any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Datais any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Servicerefers to the Website
- Service Providermeans any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Servicerefers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Datarefers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Websiterefers to The Eco Story, accessible from theecostory.com
- Youmeans the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, we may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name and last name, Phone number, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Usage Data, Date of birth.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in other site promotions.
We use browser cookies to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors to our websites.
How do we use your information? We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To manage Your Account:to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To administer promotions, surveys or other site features
- For the performance of a contract:the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You:To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests:To attend and manage Your requests to Us. To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- For business transfers:To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service. To quickly and securely process transactions. We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
If you have opted-in to receive The Eco Story e-mails and newsletters, we may send you periodic e-mails from The Eco Story. If you would no longer like to receive The Eco Story e-mails or newsletters, please free to unsubscribe via the option below each mailer. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders, or access your personal information, we use a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, we may collect Personal data that is already associated with your Third-Party Social Media Service's account, such as your name, your email address, your activities or your contact list associated with that account.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to manage the settings for your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. You can still place orders over the telephone by contacting Customer Care at <>. The technologies We use may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons.Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting The Eco Story's business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may also release the information if the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be transferred.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions or completely opt-out of receiving The Eco Story e-mails please let us know by emailing us at <> and simply ask us to remove your company, name or account from our email list. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
A Special Note to Parents: We realise that many children will visit our site, and we therefore encourage children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. We encourage parents to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: www.theecostory.com/contactus
Last updated: March 20, 2021